What is the Association of Tax & Accounting Professionals?
The Association of Tax & Accounting Professionals (ATAP) is a collaborative and supportive Association of Tax and Accounting Professionals operating independently across Canada.
ATAP provides independent Tax, Accounting and other financial professionals with the tools and support they need to grow successful practices.
The Association provides qualified opportunities to members designed to enhance their professional development, continuing education, peer-to-peer networking and on-going member benefits in order to improve services to our respective clientele. Founded in 1981, members of the Association of Tax & Accounting Professionals - ATAP for short - (formerly APA&TC) span Canada, from British Columbia to Nova Scotia – and every Province in between.
Our goal is simple – to provide support to our members by promoting professionalism, continuing education and greater recognition.
- To elevate, promote and maintain ethics and high standards of accounting, income tax and business consulting services.
- To foster and advance the interests of those engaged in such services.
- To encourage continuing education among its members in the theory and practice of accounting and taxation.
- To promote the interchange of knowledge associated with accounting, management techniques and income tax.
- To offer professional and business practice guidance to its members.
The Association of Tax & Accounting Professionals adhere to Approved By-Laws which are governed by the "Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act; S.C. 2009, c.23” including the Regulations made pursuant to the Act. A full copy of the current By-Laws is available to all Members within the Member Only Log-in section.