What is the Association of Tax & Accounting Professionals?
The Association of Tax & Accounting Professionals (ATAP) is a collaborative and supportive Association of Tax and Accounting Professionals operating independently across Canada.
The Association provides qualified opportunities to members designed to enhance their professional development, continuing education, peer-to-peer networking and on-going member benefits in order to improve services to our respective clientele. Founded in 1981, members of the Association of Professional Accounting & Tax Consultants span Canada, from British Columbia to Nova Scotia – and every Province in between.
Our goal is simple – to provide support to our members by promoting professionalism, continuing education and greater recognition.
- To elevate, promote and maintain ethics and high standards of accounting, income tax and business consulting services.
- To foster and advance the interests of those engaged in such services.
- To encourage continuing education among its members in the theory and practice of accounting and taxation.
- To promote the interchange of knowledge associated with accounting, management techniques and income tax.
- To offer professional and business practice guidance to its members.
The Association of Tax & Accounting Professionals adhere to Approved By-Laws which are governed by the "Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act; S.C. 2009, c.23” including the Regulations made pursuant to the Act. A full copy of the current By-Laws is available to all Members within the Member Only Log-in section.