Carbon Tax Rebate

Posted Dec 20th, 2021 in Ask ATAP

Carbon Tax Rebate

Q:  Some guy in a coffee shop told me I can get money back on my tax return for the carbon tax. Is this true?

 A:  If you live in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, or New Brunswick, you can claim the Climate Action Incentive on your 2021 tax return.  This is a refundable tax credit, so even if you have no tax otherwise payable, you could generate a refund by claiming it.

To make sure you’re claiming all the credits you are entitled to on your personal return, contact an ATAP member today.

Find a Professional


Post a Comment

Accounting professional benefits from ATAP membership

Become a Member

Experience your full potential by becoming a member, and take advantage of numerous educational and professional benefits.

Join Today

1 (800) 429-2802