Canadian Federation of Independent Business
ATAP teams up with the Canadian Federation of Independent Business
ATAP has partnered with the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) to extend the many benefits of CFIB to ATAP members. By working together, we are able to provide independent businesses in our sector access to business assistance, savings programs and a strong voice in all levels of government.
Already a member? View More Details About This Offer »
Through this partnership, ATAP members will benefit from CFIB resources without additional membership fees, a savings that will directly benefit our members by combining the strength of the two associations.
Some of the many benefits made available through CFIB are:
- Additional proactive lobbying with all three levels of government
- Access to significant discounts for payroll processing, courier shipping, and more
- Online business training courses for both employers and employees
- Unlimited access to CFIB Business Counselors in every province
With a number of ATAP members who are already members of CFIB and the excellent synergies between the two associations, the partnership was a logical step. CFIB’s lobbying efforts and extensive business support resources benefit independent businesses across the country.
We are very excited about this new relationship and encourage all members to check out the CFIB website for more information on CFIB resources and offerings.
These are just a few examples of how CFIB can help you improve your business. At the same time, CFIB is working for its 109,000 members and all small businesses to improve the entrepreneurial environment in Canada. CFIB lobbying has generated positive results from the federal government, such as:
- Establishing the Code of Conduct for the credit and debit card industry, which gives you leverage when dealing with your processor
- Helping all business owners plan for their retirement by fighting for and achieving the $800,000 capital gains exemption for small business
- Ensuring business owners keep more of their retained earnings by achieving lower small business corporate tax rates.